Thursday 3 December 2015

The Remarkable New Wallpaper Trends, My Favourites.

My husband and I bought our first home back in 2006, it was an 1830's hop farmers cottage in New Norfolk, Tasmania. Look at the cuteness of it!


 My eldest son was just five weeks old at the time and wow do I remember steaming and scrapping all the disgusting wallpaper off those walls, sadly I dont have a photo but the top layer was peachy pink with huge clusters of florals and some crazy belly band type contrasting band half way up. Then under that was another WORLD of about five layers of the stuff! 
Wallpaper was considered daggy and painting was the only way to go....but NOW...well NOW it is amazing, there is so much on offer and it's even TRENDY.... AND alot of them peel right off when you want to change it so no more scrapping and steaming required!
Here's a little link party to my favourites :

Metallics are in, think luxurious spaces , add a touch of fur for that finishing touch!

image sourced from Wall Candy Wallpaper

Then what about a bit of texture, most of these can be painted , but I love them just as they are: 


image sourced from Wall Candy Wallpaper

Oh me oh my, this one is screen printed by hand

image sourced from Hygge & West 

One of my favourite and very new releases are by Justina Blakeney


image sourced from Hygge & West

You can create your own garden party with this one...why not?!!





image sourced from Annandale Wallpapers


And my absolute favourite which features in my drawing:
                                                         Mountains Wallpaper in Red sun
                                                          image sourced from MissPrint













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading!